06 August 2010

Back to School: Online Resources Lists

photo by funadium
This time of year seems to spawn lists in blog posts. I think that's probably because teachers are running out of time to read in-depth posts and are more likely to quickly scan for the things they need. Two of these posts have recently caught my eye.

First, Lee Kolbert at Geeky Momma's Blog, posts "15 Free Tech Tools for Teachers." She mentions several of my favorites including Edmodo and Rubistar, but there are other tools I have not used.

Mrs. Smoke, over at Making Teachers Nerdy, posts a list of "Top 20 Websites No Teachers Should Start the 2010-2011 Year Without." This post has everything from file conversion tools to free video editing sites.

What sites and tools would you include on a list?

2 comments:

  1. Natalie, I found the link "Top 20 Websites No Teachers Should Start the 2010-2011 year without" to be very helpful. I too, am a teacher and am also starting an adventurous journey into the world of technology. In answer to your question of what sites and tools to include on a list...Thinkfinity! If you haven't visited it, I gaurantee that it will not be time wasted. There are many interactive websites that can be used in the classroom, as well as shared lesson plans from multitudes of teachers. All you have to do is put the subject that you are interested in into the search box. Good job on your blog. I will be attempting one of my own this very week. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natalie,
    If you have the time, I would love to hear about your teacher google certification!

    ReplyDelete