29 June 2009

Wishing I was there: NECC 2009

One of the truly amazing things about technology and Web 2.0 tools is that even though NECC 2009 was beyond my budget this year, I can still benefit from the many fabulous sessions that are taking place. The ISTEConnects Blog is the first place to stop to find streaming video and a schedule of sessions that will be streamed.

Last night, I read this excellent post summarizing Malcolm Gladwell's keynote. The Ed Week Digital Education blog also has a summary and commentary on the keynote.

This morning, I read Wes Fryer's notes from a session that explains the "Rock Our World" project and how it is creating meaningful connections for students around the world.

Steve Dembo's Prezi on top 10 Web 2.0 Tools has some great resources. You can watch the session here.

A convenient schedule of streaming sessions can be found here and here.

My head is spinning from all this information.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this a great feature to have when you cannot get to every conference or forum that you would have gone to if you had the time or money. I will certainly be looking in on some of the activity. Thanks for have a site like yours where we can share and compare notes for better knowledge and skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted:
    Thanks for checking in. I've noticed that several Ed Tech bloggers who aren't at NECC are noting their thoughts too. Tomorrow I'll have to collect those. I think we're certainly better we we all put our heads together and learn!

    ReplyDelete