20 July 2011

From the Web: What's Your Learning Style?

Last week, Edutopia posted a learning styles quiz. I've always liked these kinds of quizzes because it helps me think about how I learn and can help my students think about how they learn.

When I was teaching psychology I always used a quiz similar to this when we talked about learning. Of course, the quiz was on paper and I never had students do the quiz more than once.

Now, I am thinking about using a learning styles quiz more than once in a year. Does your learning style change? Mine did. I used to be heavily linguistic, but when I took the Edutopia quiz I came out highly naturalistic. It might have to do with summer and the nice weather or it might be that my learning style preference is changing. Whatever it is, it's interesting to think about.