How could you use this in the geography classroom?
- If studying the 5 Themes, have students find examples (other than these) of each of the themes. Their first and last search terms could be the same as the sample video.
- Videos could show examples of geographic terms such a bay, peninsula or mountain.
- For regional studies, students could focus on physical features or landmarks within a region and create videos.
- Furthermore, students could create a Search Story for specific countries within a region.
- If you're working on the Geography Awareness Week theme Freshwater, videos could feature examples of freshwater stores around the world as well as illustrations of problems facing most of the world in getting access to freshwater.
I am sure you can think of many other ways to use this nifty tool in the classroom. What ideas to you have? Share them below.