05 March 2010

From the Web::: JamesBurkeWeb's YouTube Channel

I love James Burke's various video series. I've even used them in class. Now I can watch the videos whenever I want on YouTube! Of course, YouTube is blocked at school, but I could direct students to the videos and have them watch at home.

One note of caution....Over the past few years, when I have used these videos, my students have said they don't like them. They claim to have a hard time following Burke because of his accent and they also have trouble following the connections he is making between people and events. I'm not quite sure why this is happening, but next time I use any of them, I will use some sort of graphic organizer to help students get through the video.

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment