03 February 2010

Must. Write. More. Part III

Much to my dismay, I discovered that many of my younger students are totally unfamiliar with blogging. They don't know what blogs are nor do they know what to do with them. To get the students comfortable with blogs and to get them writing more, I started MyGeographyNews last fall. I post content and have students leave comments. As you can see, I haven't used the blog in awhile (I know, a very bad thing). Students aren't at the point where they are leaving comments on comments, nor are they writing their own posts yet.

My next step is to get students writing some reflections that can be posted at the blog, then getting their classmates to leave comments. It is slow, but steady work.

photo by: Trinitas Imaging / Udit Kulshrestha

No comments:

Post a Comment