06 February 2010

Globetrotting from home

I am very excited for my geography classes this coming week. I've finally decided to take the plunge and have a guest speaker come in....from 300 miles away. We are currently studying a region that includes Central Asia and I happen to know a geography professor whose expertise is that same area. We'll probably use a vRoom in Elluminate from LearnCentral (it's free). In order to keep students focused on the presentation rather than when their question will be answered, we'll use Edmodo as a backchannel with a student monitoring those questions. This will be something totally new for my students, so we will have to practice during the week. More on our experience next week! WooHoo!

photo: Madiyan Valley,Tajikistan by dwrawlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment