Yesterday, Roger Zuidema posted on his blog "Top 5 Things I've Learned on Twitter Today 8/19/09." With all the fuss about Twitter (including the claim that 40% of all Tweets are useless) I thought I'd follow suit. This is my list from 8.19.09 and includes links, articles and the like from about 5:30-6:30 am PDT.
- @jutecht Just Blogged: Netvibes.com in the classroom http://bit.ly/17LkMn (I think I'll have to try this out. Great idea to push content to students)
- @russelltarr How to make a Youtube interactive video! Very cool idea for the classroom! http://tinyurl.com/ljk4xs Awesome idea for students to work through video semi-independently.
- @suzannewhisler 10 Ideas for Engaging Learners with Cell Phones Even in Districts that Ban Them by Lisa Nielsen. http://www.techlearning.com/blogs/22554
- @frontlineblog Express censured for fourth time in two weeks over undeclared advertorials http://bit.ly/3SA8Ew As a newspaper adviser, I believe it is critical that we discuss ethical issues in class. This is a great example.
- @AEJMC Chadwick Matlin: Huffington Post + Facebook = the Future of Journalism http://ow.ly/ky2x Hmmm. Do I want someone tracking my reading habits like this?
- @dwarlick I liked the colors so much that I changed my blog theme (http://vk2.sl.pt). Check out Personas (http://vk3.sl.pt) I started out by looking at the blog and Personas, then went on to David's post on education reform and the Obama administration here.