10 August 2009

Social networking has hidden dangers for teens

This reminds me of the comment I got in class last spring after I was describing the importance of THINKING about what you post before you post it (i.e. what are the potential consequences?). One student looked at me, then looked at her friends and suggested that I talk to so-and-so who wasn't always thinking about what was posted on the individual's Facebook page. Yes, parents do have a responsibility to monitor what their teens are doing online, but we also need to talk about it at school. I doubt that any of my students understands that what they do online could have consequences for them at school (yes, there is a Board policy to cover that).

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment