03 November 2008

Day 3 The Thank You

Day 3 of the "30 Days to Being a Better Blogger" Challenge suggests that we write thank-yous to those who have helped and inspired us in our blogging journeys. I've been blogging for just a few months and already have a whole host of people who are inspiring me on a daily basis. However, there is one educator in particular that I'd like to thank right now.

Vicki Davis (coolcatteacher) was the Keynote Speaker at the Google Teacher Academy last June. I honestly don't remember if she even mentioned blogging, but I started reading her blog and she ALWAYS seems to have just what I need, when I need it. My favorite nuts and bolts post is "Ten Habits of Bloggers that Win!" I read it a few weeks after I started blogging. She has also written asking the question "are you part of the solution or part of the problem?" Just today, as I am looking for sites that contain appropriate copyright free or creative commons license images, she posts "Let's get kids out of Google Images and into Good, Free, Legal Photos."

So, Vicki, thank you for all of the hard work that you do in your own classroom, at conferences and in cyberspace. You have given me the courage to start blogging and continue to write about my own journey as a teacher trying to integrate Web 2.0 tools.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your kindness. We all made SOOOO many GREAT connections at Google Teacher Academy -- and I've been meaning to update the "10 habits" -- guess this is my prompt to do that!!

    Thank you again for your kindness -- to inspire another is truly a gift in return.

    ReplyDelete