10 November 2008

Day 10 of the "Be A Better Blogger Challenge"

It's been a few days since I've written about the "30D2BBB" Challenge (that's 30 Days to Being A Better Blogger). There have been several small tasks along with a request to have an impartial party observe my blog and a suggestion to get a guest blogger. I'm still working on those last two.

Today's challenge is to check out the blog on other browsers using a variety of operating systems. I was prepared to use both Mac and Windows machines. I was even prepared to use a few browsers like Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari. However, I discovered that I didn't even have to go to all that trouble because Browsershots can do the work for me! (Elaine Plybon and Sue Waters both suggested this webiste on teach42.com)

Just click on the browsers you'd like checked, enter your website URL, then click submit. It's as easy as that!


I did notice that some of the browsers didn't have certain plug-ins, but apparently I'm good to go on most browsers. Yahoo!

1 comment:

  1. I focus mainly on the web browsers most visitors used when visiting my web site. Which I monitor using my Google Analytics.

    So I write my posts in FireFox and every now and then check in Internet Explorer. Little things like width of image have caused problems with Internet Explorer on my blog or breaking embed code.

    When I did the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog last year the task of finding someone to read your post was hard. I ended up using my husband which is interested for someone who has never read a blog. But also worth asking some experienced bloggers to check out your blog and give tips. Since you get two totally different prospectives.

    Me I'm not convinced about guest bloggers. Maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete